tesa tape is a leading manufacturer of pressure-sensitive adhesives serving the paper and print, appliance, automotive, building supply, electronics, and transportation industries, among others. We have over 7,000 self-adhesive products and system solutions and about 5,000 employees worldwide. We hold the original tape patent and create about 100 new innovations per year.
The Sales Specialist – Industrial Trade is accountable for delivering strong growth at IT customers within defined geographic territories, identify and manage decision-makers and influencers, be a leading point of contact for account management, quotes and facilitate cross-BU topics, projects & growth. Strong commercial acumen and relationship management skills are a must. Must live in the Southwest US near a major airport.
What you will do:
- Meet or exceed all established sales objectives and goals for assigned geographic territory by coordinating efforts focused on promoting sales and driving profitability, contributing to meeting the objectives of the Industrial Trade & Converting (ITC) business unit.
- Develop prospects for new business by providing adequate sales coverage while promoting and demonstrating the use & benefits of tesa products to potential customers within the assigned geographic territory.
- Develop & maintain excellent relationships with customers within assigned geographic territory by providing technical assistance, service, and application advise for customer
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining Alliance Partner Program with key customers, while recruiting new members to alliance program.
- Plan and organize time, routing, and methods so that all sales efforts support maximum effectiveness towards business objectives. This includes but is not limited to: maintaining satisfactory call rate frequency, controlling business expenses and training distributor sales personnel as needed.
- Understand and communicate customer needs to tesa colleagues to foster customer intimacy.
- Foster collaboration within ITC team and key stakeholders, including channel partners to solve customer problems and deliver innovative solutions.
- Develop and maintain Opportunity Pipeline for the assigned territory.
- Effectively maintain customer data in tesa’s CRM system(s) by reporting promptly, in accordance with established procedures, the results of sales calls, customer needs, competitive activity, estimates of available business, sales forecasts, recommendations and any other items significant to the area of responsibility and the Company
What you will need:
Four-year college degree or equivalent job experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct sales, account management, or related industry required
- Strong understanding of “pull through” selling (i.e. personally creating the need at the end-user level and selling via stocking distributors) and direct selling concepts desired
- Ability to understand technical requirements of customers application as it relates to the relevant focus industry
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with target customers
- Demonstrated strength in time management, organization, and self-motivation
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license, passport, and physical ability to drive for lengthy periods
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products -Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint-as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management software programs
- Ability and willingness to adapt own work schedule to satisfy customer needs. Must be available for air/auto travel up to 70% of the time
- Excellent English language capability (verbal/written) required. Spanish language capability desired, but not required.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled