The Sales Manager - Industrial Trade is accountable for leading industrial trade and general industry customers and sales team development by delivering strong sales growth, recruiting and promoting IT Alliance Partners, and proactively facilitating cross-BU activities at large and multi-site customers.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the execution of the sales strategy including sales reporting, target account activity, and CRM management of account activity and pipeline integrity through umbrella projects and other KPIs.
- Achieve planned sales and profitability targets with distributors and key end-users at minimum cost and within established budgets. Implement corrective measures when deviations from sales strategy are observed
- Set sales objectives and performance targets for sales team in order to develop and maintain the industrial distribution network in accordance with ITC and regional strategy. Continuously measure performance and provide feedback to team members
- Analyze competitive activity, including sales operations, policies, and organization, and sales campaigns. Develop country specific distributor and general industry strategies for Mexico and the USA, plan IT/GI business volumes in the ABP aligned with Sales and Product Management.
- Lead, inspire, and develop all direct reports to maximize professional performance and personal growth. This includes establishment of objectives, regular appraisal and compensation recommendations (including bonus plan development).
- Recommend selling programs and pricing policies for the Company’s products and focus attention on key marketing opportunities.
- Consult, advise and request appropriate sales support action from all units of the regional Business Units and Marketing functions in line with sales objectives and market conditions within ttNA.
- In cooperation with Marketing, develop strategic focus and emerging market strategies to include end user type, application focus, product offering
- In accordance with ttNA market segment focus, assure the identification of key end-users in these designated market segments with identification of decision makers as well as of supply relationships and value chains at key accounts.
- Achieve business development targets by identifying and developing new partners, referring trade partners for a key account approach, drive market develop activities, oversee cross- BU sales opportunity pipelines for the industrial trade market, and build a strong network among all regional BU heads.
- Support annual ABP process by submitting relevant key figures for sales and margin.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
What you will need:
- Four-year college degree required. Graduate-level degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years combined experience in industrial sales and/or marketing required. Prior experience developing relationships with industrial distributors highly preferred.
- Demonstrated servant leadership style strength with the ability to motivate individual(s) toward a desired goal
- Prior sales management experience strongly preferred.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with ability to influence complex organizational structures
- Strong analytical skills / creative problem-solving capabilities. Ability to navigate complex business negotiations and develop contracts/supply agreements.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license, passport, and physical ability to drive for lengthy periods
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint-as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management software programs.
- Ability and willingness to adapt own work schedule to satisfy customer needs & the needs of the team. Must be available for air/auto travel up to 70% of the time.
- Must currently live in, or have the ability to relocate to, the Dallas, Texas area (within a one hour drive to DFW airport).
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled