A Champion for the Company to strengthen existing systems that promote a zero defect culture. Facilitates and coordinates between customers, regulatory bodies, internal departments and ttNA headquarters. This person is a member of cross functional teams and a quality management leader to accomplish team goals while working within the established processes.
Implements and oversees the administration of all methods and procedures to ensure conformity to customer specific requirements and tesa internal specifications of all production material. Coordinates, communicates and regulates quality related issues and/or policies such as ISO 9001 / 14001 and lean disciplines throughout the manufacturing and support processes. Ensures quality products using a system of prevention where the acceptance standard is zero defects.
What you will do:
- Lead, manage and be accountable for a team of technicians.
- Maintains quality assurance objectives and metrics.
- Maintains customer relationships, including scheduling of customer visits.
- Ensures that company policies and procedures related to quality are followed.
- Responsible for continued development and conformance to ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- Audits and tracks supplier quality performance.
- Manages the internal audit requirements for the quality management system, manufacturing processes and products
- Provides preventive measures for in-process part qualification through random inspection, dock auditing and maintenance.
- Incorporates statistical process controls, and analyses data to evaluate current processes and changes.
- Develops, implements and oversees layered process audits (LPA).
- Prepares and presents technical, program and operation information to the management team.
- Conducts quality assurance training programs for personnel in conjunction with customer and ttNA requirements
- Maintains all documentation and records of Quality functions.
- Develops, implements and controls all procedures directly relating to product quality.
- Control and maintenance (calibration) of all quality devices (gages, fixtures, tools).
- Investigates nonconformities and develops, initiates and verifies corrective action.
- Records and tracks the Cost of Quality (COQ
- Assists the organization in implementation of KPIs, including lean, standardized work and continuous improvement (CI) activities.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities, submits CI and Safety suggestions.
You will also:
- Demonstrates commitment to quality and a safe and healthful work environment.
- Follows OSHA and safety regulations and policies, including wearing required P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment). Reports unsafe conditions.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA and other federal, state, provincial, local, and internal safety, health, and environmental standards.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in Quality is a plus.
- Supplier Qualification - interpretation of technical drawings and specifications,
- Knowledge of lean production is a plus
- Must be a results-oriented team player, effective at problem solving and project planning/organizing, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high energy level and good attention to detail.
Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt is a plus
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is a plus
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled