Are you mechanically inclined with manufacturing experience?
- We don't have "assembly" jobs here - our machine operators are independent, able to use basic tools for changeovers, set-up and routine troubleshooting to produce products for several different industries. This makes work interesting and challenging.
- tesa tape may be small and not well known, but that's because we rarely have job openings, but we're expanding.
Reasons people stay at tesa:
- COVID safe. We are dead serious about Safety. We implemented more safety protocols than the CDC recommended, sooner. Only 2 positives to date were work related.
- above average pay. We pay new hires based on experience. Starting pay for Operators is $15.00 - 17.50/hr. Employees with 5+ years tesa experience average $22/hr and there are 5 job levels to achieve in Production by learning new skills.
- quarterly bonus. The 2019 average was $550 per person per quarter and even in 2020 it was $450 per quarter. New employees are eligible from Day 1.
- skill based pay. Each time you gain new skills by learning a new machine, your pay rate increases by $.50 - .75/hour
- opportunity for OT. When you work OT, it increases your quarterly bonus.
- profit sharing 401k bonus. tesa tape Corporate contributes 7% of gross annual earnings to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
- culture of respect and family. You will never get yelled at or disrespected by a supervisor here and will actually be asked for your opinion by engineers and management.
- benefits start within the first month. Two BCBS medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
- PTO and Sick time available after your first 3 months. 18 days combined per year. Neither has to be used before the end of the year.
- Sunday and Holiday OT are extremely rare. Family time is important to us, too.
We will invite you to meet with us and see the Plant if you have:
- stable work history. It takes 3-6 months of training for each machine, so we hire people with a proven track record of reliability.
- manufacturing experience OR mechanical skills/ aptitude. Our jobs are challenging and require active problem solving.
- computer skills. Every Operator uses the computer at each machine to manage their orders. We will teach you, but you need to be comfortable using a computer.
- positive, team-oriented attitude. We have no tolerance for drama and insist on mutual respect and cooperation. If you have a "can-do" attitude, you'll go far, fast.
What you will do as an Operator (sample):
- Responsible for setting up and operating the machine to produce high quality products and perform routine machine maintenance.
- Responsible for keeping blade set-ups maintained.
- Work with crush cut and razor blades
- Box, package, stack finished rolls weighing up to 35 lbs to heights of up to 6ft.
- Capable of earning and maintaining a forklift license for a motorized pallet jack.
- Move skids of material and finished goods to and from machine area with pallet jack.
- Complete production data entry and paperwork.
Good luck with your application! We hope to meet you soon!
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled