The Product Developer (PD) is responsible to design, plan, coordinate, conduct, evaluate and document development activities in the field of s/s, d/s tapes and auxiliary products. The PD is responsible for implementing new and experimental products. The PD is responsible for maintenance of a defined part of the product assortment, including raw and intermediate materials. He/she will visit suppliers and customers on a regular basis in order to extend and intensify the product knowledge and to understand our customer applications, the requirements and his pain points. The PD works closely with the International R&D groups in Hamburg and China, and with the relevant national and international Marketing groups, and serves as liaison with Sales and Customers.
What you will do:
- Supporting feasibilities and product development projects.
- Work within the framework of tesa Quality Standard.
- Uphold company safety, environmental, quality and laboratory standards.
- Interpret laboratory and field test studies and compose professional reports in an understandable manner.
- Leading and coordinating feasibilities and product development projects meeting technical, price and timeline requirements.
- Analyze complex results generated by standard and non-standard test methods. Ability to differentiate between colors will be helpful.
- Independently operate and maintain all relevant lab equipment.
- Evaluate, maintain and implement raw materials.
- Interface customers to validate performance of samples and new products during the initiation and development phase of a project.
- Support and consult marketing and sales functions as well as customers in product assortment knowledge and product related testing.
- Evaluate, maintain and implement third party products and services.
- Create a network with adjacent functions (sales, marketing, R&D HQ) as necessary to accomplish the project targets.
- Monitor competitive environment in marketplace.
- Actively and independently investigate new product development opportunities and define targets for development projects.
- Take active steps to bring projects forward, identify roadblocks and offer complete solutions.
What you will need:
- Education: PhD or Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in chemistry / engineering / science or equivalent technical experience required.
- Market-relevant experience in similar or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of mathematics, including general statistics is required.
- Must be PC proficient in Windows/Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to stand at a workstation and/or move throughout the facility during the majority of the day.
- Requires regular lifting.
- Must be able to travel by air/auto as required, including international.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled