Process Engineer Summary
The jobholder works in the North American (NA) Technology Center in the field of process engineering, process development and technology development with a focus on compounding, mixing, extrusion and coating technologies. They are responsible for the operation and maintenance of pilot manufacturing equipment in the context of technology and product development projects with specific focus on defined material fields or key technologies applied in NA. They continuously enhances their skills and knowledge to ensure the level of competence required to organize and perform development tasks. The jobholder coordinates with adjacent departments and with international technology groups in Germany and China.
Why tesa is the best kept secret in Kent County
- The NA Technology Center in Sparta is only 1 of 3 in the tesa world and the first in North America, having just opened in April. Our engineers collaborate with peers at the other Centers in a cutting-edge work environment.
- Culture of mutual respect and creativity. The Technology & Product Development Team is actively involved in many progressive projects, providing feedback that is used by management and key players at tesa.
- Job security. We’ve been here for 40+ years and the 9th building expansion will be started this Fall.
- Annual bonus. This position is eligible for an 8% annual bonus.
- Benefits start within the first month. Two Cigna medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
- PTO and Sick time. 18 days combined per year. Neither has to be used before the end of the year.
- Holiday pay immediately. We have 8 company holidays and employees on this team also get 2 Floating Holidays to add to their PTO each year.
- Profit sharing 401k bonus. tesa contributes 7% of gross annual earnings to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
We want to talk to you if you have:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree with emphasis in engineering or other technical discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related experience within the last five to eight years.
- Technical knowledge and experience with mixing, extrusion and coating processes highly preferred.
- Knowledge of mathematics, including general statistics, is required.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Windows/Microsoft Office, is required.
- Knowledge and experience with DOE methods and software helpful.
- Proven ability to evaluate complex data and draw conclusions.
- Good communication skills to interact with colleagues and strong ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to stand at a workstation and/or move throughout the facility during most of the day.
- Requires normal lifting up to 35 lbs, use of both hands, correctable vision and no color-blindness.
- Must be able to travel by air/auto as needed, including internationally.
Good luck with your application! We hope to meet you soon!
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled