tesa tape is a leading manufacturer of pressure-sensitive adhesives serving the paper and print, appliance, automotive, building supply, electronics, and transportation industries, among others. We have over 7,000 self-adhesive products and system solutions and about 5,000 employees worldwide.
Our products can be found all over the world and hardly anyone sees them. We keep electronics together so we can stay connected and it’s hidden in cars so that we arrive safe. We connect the most fragile elements, to keep together what must not come apart. In other words, we hold the world together!
Our site in Sparta is continuing to grow! The next capital investment is near completion with sustainable state-of-the art technology and the addition of a new R&D wing and a customer showroom!
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, independent electrical engineer to help tesa Site Sparta introduce new equipment and technology to continue our focus on Industry 4.0, as well as maintain and improve existing equipment.
What you will do:
- Responsible for a broad range of topics with a primary focus on improving overall performance measures for the plant with an emphasis on supporting an efficient and reliable production environment.
- Identify new technologies
- Form cross-functional project teams for specific initiatives
- Maximize effectiveness of cross-functional teams through open communication and brainstorming
- Lead complex controls troubleshooting
- Equipment upgrades research and/or execution
- Identify and implement cost reduction and quality improvement ideas individually and through internal and/or external sources.
What you will need:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Project management experience, minimum of 5 years; PMP certification a plus
- Strong working knowledge in controls, PLC, VFD, and HMI.
- Troubleshooting skills in Rockwell RSLogix/RS Studio, Factory Talk, Motion controls, Siemens or similar, a plus.
- Strong ability to drive projects to completion while including entire project team and support functions.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of a manufacturing organization.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing equipment.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Must be a proficient team member or individual contributor with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Strong initiative and proactive approach to problems.
- Ability to prioritize work based on long- and short-term objectives.
- Self-driven and self-organized.
- Willing and able to work extended hours in a manufacturing environment when required.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
What you will get:
- A progressive, participative work culture where you can shine
- Full benefits package with several coverage options.
- Above average 401k plan
- The tools and resources you’ll need to do your best work
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled