The Business Development Engineer - EV Cell Manufacturer will successfully initiate, manage, and complete customer projects and spec-in activities during the early stages of a vehicle design process for key initiatives across the customers and partners in the EV battery cell manufacturers segment. They willtake lead in resolving technical challenges related to EV battery cell applications to ensure long-term and sustainable business with key customers and partners. The BDE will be a member of, or lead, project teams within the Automotive BU. These teams may be regional and/or global in scope.
What you will do:
- Customer Focus
The Business Development Engineer (BDE) will establish a network of existing and new contacts within his/her strategic area through various prospecting channels (CRM, LinkedIn, cold calling, etc.) in order to initiate new projects with focus customers/partners. This will be done in close cooperation with the regional sales force. Target contacts will be within customer “Decision Making Units” such as Design Centers or Headquarters, and not exclusively plant locations.
- Technical Sales
The job holder will utilize technical expertise in the field of adhesives to solve technical pain points and convince defined customers of new tesa solutions during the consideration phase to increase the probability for a successful market entry. The primary goal is to get involved with customer projects early in the design phase.
- Product- and Technology-Development
For his/her projects the BDE evaluates if existing products can fulfill the requirements or if new developments are needed. The BDE will translate customer needs to product needs and help create business cases if the existing product portfolio does not meet customer requirements. Together with the Market Segment Manager and other project team members, he/she ensures that Product Developments are initiated and completed according to the customer’s design/validation process.
- Spec-In Management
The BDE will be responsible for implementing new tesa solutions at customer value chains and ensure a smooth SOP. Establish and use network at partners such as machine suppliers and converters to support active projects with the customer.
- Product Validation/Testing
The job holder is responsible for understanding and/or negotiating the product requirement profile, recommending the best possible solution, and building/executing the test program to prove a product’s worthiness for an application.
- Transfer from BDE to Account
Once first projects and sales have been established the BDE transfers his/her responsibility into the regular sales force. If an account has a significant growth potential and global scale (>5M$ PNS/cross regionally) this new account could become a Key Account; otherwise the regional sales organization via Sales Representatives or Regional Key Account Managers will take over the accounts and future projects. The BDE will support the transfer of projects and relationships and continue to advise if needed for a limited timeframe.
What you will need:
- Four-year college degree in an engineering field– or higher degree.
- 5 Years of working experience in sales, business development or technical sales
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with ability to influence complex organizational structures
- Strong analytical skills / creative problem-solving capabilities. Ability to navigate complex business negotiations and develop contracts/supply agreements.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license, passport, and physical ability to drive for lengthy periods
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products-Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint-as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management software programs.
- Ability and willingness to adapt own work schedule to satisfy customer needs. Must be available for air/auto travel up to 50% of the time.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled