tesa is growing in northern Kent County!
We’re looking for qualified individuals to provide technician level support to the 3rd shift production team for a new, state-of-the-art extruder and coating machine. If you want a career, not just a job and are looking for a work "home," apply so you can find out what makes tesa so special.
• Selected candidates will support daily production on a high-speed film line. The line is the length of a football field, requiring 2-4 technician level operators each shift to maintain production rates of up to 300 yards a minute.
• This position is open to individuals who have a high level of mechanical aptitude and are eager to learn and grow with a fast-paced company.
• Ability or willingness to learn to drive a stand-up forklift is required.
• Your work history must be stable because training takes at least 4 months on this machine. Remember, no one comes here knowing how to make tape, so we will train you to make products for cars, appliances, construction, overnight mail envelopes, and much more!
• tesa tape may be small and not well known in the US, but we’re a German owned, global company with very strong brand recognition in Europe and within many commercial industries in the US.
Reasons people stay at tesa:
• above average pay. We pay new hires based on job related experience and there are multiple job levels to achieve through gaining new skills.
• quarterly bonus. The 2023 average was $1,037 per Production Operator, each quarter. New employees are eligible from Day 1.
• skill based pay. When you gain new skills by learning a new machine, your pay rate often increases by $.50 - .75/hour, sometimes more.
• merit increase. Annual performance reviews with potential increases, too.
• education assistance. Tuition reimbursement and a free Mechatronics apprenticeship for eligible employees
• opportunity for OT. When you sign up and work OT, it increases your quarterly bonus. However, only about 5 people work 1 weekend per month.
• profit sharing 401k bonus. tesa contributes 7% of gross annual earnings to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
• culture of respect and family. You will never get yelled at by a supervisor here and will actually be asked for your opinion by engineers and management.
• job security. We’ve been here for 41+ years and the 9th building expansion will be completed this Spring.
• benefits start within the first month. Two medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
• PTO and Sick time available after your first 3 months. 18 days combined per year. Neither has to be used before the end of the year.
• Holiday work is extremely rare. Family time is important to us, too.
Good luck with your application! We hope to meet you soon!
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled