The Sales Specialist- Industrial Products and Markets has operating responsibility, and is accountable to the Sales Manager- Industrial Products and Markets for operating the territory within the scope assigned by his/her Manager. He/She is responsible for gaining specification approvals and soliciting orders for assigned products in the Industrial Products and Markets segment, training and coordinating proactive programs with key distributors, for achieving approved sales objectives, for customer relations, for expense control, for contributing specialized knowledge for new business development.
- Execute selling and policy decisions so as to achieve planned sales objectives. These objectives will contribute to meeting the overall objectives of the sales unit
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations in the assigned area of responsibility
- Recommend marketing programs and policies based on specialized knowledge of work needed to achieve Company objectives
- Report promptly, in accordance with established procedures, the results of sales calls, customer needs, competitive activity, estimates of available business, sales forecasts, recommendations and any other items significant to the area of responsibility and the Company
- Plan and organize time, routing and methods so that specialized selling skill is operating against sales objectives with maximum effectiveness, including maintenance of a satisfactory call rate frequency and control of expenses.
- Train, coach and develop by observation and example the distributor salespeople who may be assigned for this training
- Promote and demonstrate the use and benefits of the company products to potential customers.
- Develop prospects for new business by giving adequate sales coverage to the defined market, promptly report new prospects and follow up agreed upon customer prospects and application opportunities
- Cooperate with others on activities leading to increased profitable sales
- Maintain behavior, appearance, and standard of performance in according to the Company’s Code of Conduct
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or relevant job experience
- Strong understanding of “pull through” selling (i.e. personally creating the need at the end-user level and selling via stocking distributors) and direct selling concepts. Knowledge gained either via experience or educational basis of marketing channels
- Strong characteristics of empathy, ego drive, ego strength and relationship building skills
- Strong skill set in areas of time management, self organizational and project management
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license
- Willing and able to travel 50%. Must also be available for air travel, as necessary
- Physical ability to drive for lengthy periods and be able to lift boxes up to 35 lbs.
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products-Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint-as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management software programs
- Multi-cultural understanding a plus
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled