tesa tape is a leading manufacturer of pressure-sensitive adhesives serving the paper and print, appliance, automotive, building supply, electronics, and transportation industries, among others. We have over 7,000 self-adhesive products and system solutions and about 5,000 employees worldwide.
The Sales Manager - Industrial Converting is accountable for leading converter and key end-user customer and sales team development, delivering over-proportional sales growth, recruiting and promoting IC Alliance partners, and proactively facilitating cross-BU and global converting topics.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the execution of the sales strategy including sales reporting, target account activity, and CRM management of account activity & pipeline integrity through umbrella projects and other KPIs.
- Achieve planned sales and profitability targets with converters and key accounts at minimum cost and within established budgets.
- Set sales objectives and performance targets for Key Account Managers in order to develop and maintain the industrial converter network in accordance with ITC and regional strategy. Continuously measure performance and provide feedback to team members.
- Support annual ABP process by submitting relevant key figures for sales and margin.
- Lead, inspire, coach and develop all direct reports to maximize professional performance and personal growth. This includes establishment of objectives, regular appraisal and compensation recommendations (including bonus plan development).
- In cooperation with Marketing, develop strategic focus and emerging market strategies to include end user type, application focus, product offering
- In accordance with market segment focus, assure the identification of key accounts in these designated market segments with identification of decision makers as well as of supply relationships and value chains.
- Achieve business development targets by identifying and developing new partners, referring converter candidates for a global key account approach, drive market developing activities, oversee cross-BU sales opportunity pipelines for converter market, and build a strong network among all regional BU heads.
- Analyze competitive activity, including sales operations, policies, and organization, and sales campaigns. Develop country specific converting strategies for Mexico, Canada and USA, plan converter business volumes in the ABP aligned with Sales and Product Management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
What you will need:
- Four-year college degree required. Graduate-level degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years combined experience in industrial sales and/or marketing required. Prior experience developing relationships with industrial converters highly preferred.
- Demonstrated servant leadership style strength with the ability to motivate and support individuals toward a desired goal
- Prior sales management experience strongly preferred.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with ability to influence complex organizational structures
- Strong analytical skills / creative problem-solving capabilities. Ability to navigate complex business negotiations and develop contracts/supply agreements.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license, passport, and physical ability to drive for lengthy periods
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint-as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management software programs.
- Ability and willingness to adapt own work schedule to satisfy customer needs & the needs of the team. Must be available for air/auto travel up to 70% of the time.
- Must live in the Central US near a major airport.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled