To develop and implement sales strategies for the Automotive OEM/OES Segment in North America ensuring alignment with tesa’s International goals and objectives. This is achieved by supervising the North American Automotive OEM/OES Sales Specialists and Key Account Managers and coordinating strategies and implementation efforts with tesa’s International Automotive Group.
- Develop and implementing domestic and international growth strategies and action plans within the automotive market segment.
- Responsible for the recruiting, building, motivating and maintaining of the Automotive Sales force in N.A.
- Responsible for the execution of the sales strategy including sales reporting, target account activity, and CRM input.
- Responsible for proposing then monitoring the sales performance goals (quotas) and compensation plans for the N.A. sales force.
- Decides upon the sales channel (direct or distribution) as new end customers are added. Approves new channels if required (distributors, converters, etc.)
- Develops and maintains relationships with Key Direct Domestic and International End Users, Strategic Auto focus distribution partners, and applicable Key Auto Converters.
- Collaborate closely with R&D, Product and Marketing teams (domestic and international) on developing new products and services for our clients.
- Conduct Regional Sales Meetings and supplier bench marking technical seminars with strategic OEM’s, tier I’s and key distributors/converters.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Maintains sales team results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Collaborate with other market segment teams to best represent the company in the market and with distribution channels
- 4 year degree or equivalent. Management/supervisory skills highly desirable.
- Sales/sales management or national account management experience required.
- Strong experience in value based selling concepts.
- Must have valid driver license.
- Physical ability to drive for lengthy periods. Must also be available for international air travel.
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products-Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint-as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management software programs.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled