Research & Development Internship
Want to work for a company that recognizes your individuality, passion, and gives you the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways from day one? Think tesa! Our aim is to select the right applicants, provide them with support and development opportunities, and earn our employees‘ long term loyalty.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with our Product Developers and Application Engineers to develop advanced technologies and products in our state-of-the-art testing lab.
- Conduct analysis of experimental results and offer explanations on the outcomes while maintaining documented records of experiments
- Investigate new product development opportunities
- Obtain detailed insight into the adhesive tape manufacturing process
- Network and learn about multiple functions (Sales, Marketing, R&D International HQ) as necessary to accomplish project tasks
What You Will Gain:
- An inside look at how the R&D function directly supports the business and an understanding of the inter-dependencies between all of the different departments in a global company
- A thorough understanding of the end-to-end product development life cycle and what is needed to successfully bring a new product to market
- Hands-on experience with writing technical specifications, revisions, and reports on products or applications
- Fundamental knowledge of adhesive technologies and how our products make a difference in the products you use every day
Who You Are:
- You must be an enrolled graduate or undergraduate student graduating in between 2023 - 2025.
- You must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related field with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 6-12 months of practical laboratory experience in synthesis of polymers and small molecules, chemical/polymer processing, advanced analytical and materials characterization, and/or vapor coating preferred
- Previous relevant intern experience or co-op with a company or university preferred
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and ongoing future basis without requiring sponsorship.
- You must be able to work in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a self-starter with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- You are able to work both collaboratively on group initiatives and autonomously on individual projects
- You have strong attention to detail analytically and are results oriented