Quality and Process Development Internship
Want to work for a company that recognizes your individuality, passion, and gives you the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways from day one? Think tesa! Our aim is to select the right applicants, provide them with support and development opportunities, and earn our employees‘ long term loyalty.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Dive into the world of manufacturing engineering through hands-on tasks like preparation of machine instructions, machine trouble-shooting, sustainability projects, equipment optimization and software implementation.
- Support Building Automation project.
- Lead or assist with numerous small continuous improvement projects
- Partner with Technical Team member on layout design for spare parts management.
- Network and learn about multiple functions (Production, Quality, Scheduling, R&D, Marketing, etc.)
What You Will Gain:
- An inside look at how the manufacturing engineering function directly supports both production and the business as well as an understanding of the inter-dependencies between all of the different departments in a global company
- Fundamental knowledge of adhesive technologies and how our products make a difference in the products you use every day
- Hands-on engineering experience within an IATF and ISO/TS 16949 certified environment
- A thorough understanding of our end-to-end production cycle and what it takes to scale-up new products
Who You Are:
- You must be an enrolled graduate or undergraduate student graduating between 2023 and Spring 2026
- You must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Previous relevant intern experience or co-op with a company or university preferred
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and ongoing future basis without requiring sponsorship.
- You must be able to work in Sparta, Michigan, north of Grand Rapids
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a self-starter with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- You are able to work both collaboratively on group initiatives and autonomously on individual projects
- You have strong attention to detail analytically and are results oriented