Are you ready to start or continue your career? Where you have job security and are treated well? Working with friendly, helpful people? tesa tape is growing again and looking for great employees!
- Put away your stereotype of “manufacturing” and just ask yourself if you like working with your hands in a clean work environment. As long as you’re mechanically inclined, computer literate, and have a stable work history, we will train you to make tape for cars, appliances, construction, mailing envelopes, and much more!
- We don't have "assembly" jobs here - our machine operators are independent and use basic tools for, set-ups, changeovers and routine troubleshooting. This makes work interesting, challenging and the more you learn, the higher your pay.
- tesa tape may be small and not well known in the US, but we’re a German owned, global company with very strong brand recognition in Europe and within US commercial industries. We're looking for people who want a career, not just a job.
Reasons people stay at tesa:
- above average pay. We pay new hires based on job related experience. There are 5 job levels to achieve in Production by learning new machines.
- quarterly bonus. The average is $450+ per quarter, per employee. New employees are eligible from Day 1.
- skill based pay. Each time you gain new skills by learning a new machine, your pay rate increases by $.50 - .75/hour, sometimes more. Annual performance reviews and potential increases.
- opportunity for OT. When you sign up and work OT, it increases your quarterly bonus.
- profit sharing 401k bonus. tesa tape Corporate contributes 7% of gross annual earnings to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
- culture of respect and family. You will never get yelled at by a supervisor here and will actually be asked for your opinion by engineers and management.
- job security. We’ve been here for 39 years and the next building expansion started last Fall.
- benefits start within the first month. Two BCBS medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
- PTO and Sick time available after your first 3 months. 18 days combined per year. Neither has to be used before the end of the year. Extra vacation if you’ve received the Covid vaccine.
- Holiday work is extremely rare. Family time is important to us, too.
We will invite you to see the Plant and meet with us if you have:
- stable work history. It takes at least 6 months of training for each machine, so we hire people with a proven track record of reliability and commitment to their employers.
- mechanical skills/ aptitude. Our jobs require active, hands on problem solving with tools and training that we provide, but you need mechanical aptitude.
- computer skills. Every Operator uses a computer at their machine to manage their orders. We will teach you, but you need to be comfortable using a computer.
- positive, team-oriented attitude. We have no tolerance for drama and insist on mutual respect and cooperation. If you have a "can-do" attitude, you'll go far, fast.
What you will do as an Operator (sample):
- Responsible for setting up and operating the machine to produce high quality products and perform routine machine maintenance.
- Work with crush cut and razor blades, properly protected.
- Box, package, stack finished rolls weighing up to 35 lbs to heights of up to 6ft.
- Move skids of material and finished goods to and from machine area with a hand and/or electric pallet jack.
- Complete production data entry in SAP system.
Good luck with your application! We hope to meet you soon!
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled