tesa is expanding in North America, and primarily right here in northern Kent County!
Process Engineer (new position!)
tesa is looking for someone that enjoys a hands-on approach to problem solving and is decisive. Someone with a mechanical passion or a “do it yourself” mindset. This person will enjoy identifying the root cause to problems and creating solutions, with or without Process Engineering Team collaboration.
This Process Engineer will work with new hot melt technology and will be responsible for optimizing existing and future production in a growing company. This position will help with the startup of manufacturing equipment. His/her focus is on key factors of Safety, Quality and Productivity.
What you will do:
- Responsible for processes on dedicated lines including the creation, implementation, training and maintenance of manufacturing instructions, production process descriptions and process data collection needed for safe, quality oriented and efficient production.
- Execute production trials in alignment with other functions, such as Product and Technology Development and Production. Responsible for safety, design, deadlines and costs. Evaluates production trials and assesses the result in terms of raw material, process and product properties. Documents the results in the trial reports, in the project directory.
- Lead the continuous improvement process for assigned area, in particular quality or efficiency improvements and waste reduction.
- Analyze Failure management and carries out causal research on quality deviations.
- Define measures that are necessary to correct failure or prevent errors. Documents measures in the process FMEA. Supports quality control with 8D reports, especially with implemented countermeasures.
- Build up process relevant databases and systems, analyzes the data (quality records, production data, SPC), documents and communicates the results.
- Provide knowledge of processes and production in written reports and gives input into projects and capital expenditures to enhance safety, quality and globally competitive production.
- Participate in expert teams within the tesa global technology network and exchange with sister plants.
What you will need:
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 2-5 years of directly related experience within the last 5 to 8 years.
- Experience working with hot melt, or similar, technology would be very helpful.
- Proven ability to evaluate complex data and draw conclusions.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours machine-side.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. SAP experience preferred but not required.
- ISO/TS 9001 and/or IATF 16949 knowledge helpful.
- Knowledge and experience with design of experiment methods and software helpful.
- Must be available and able to travel to other locations, including foreign travel.
In Addition you will need:
- Well-developed project management, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Well-developed communication skills for different audiences and in conflict situations; team player
- Work in a group concept; self-motivated; and able and willing to work cross-functionally
- Takes initiative to respond immediately to problems and takes a proactive approach.
- Values of honesty, reliability, open/transparent, team orientation and respectful of diversity.
- Accountable for own actions, positive attitude, and recognizes the impact of own behavior.
- Work with safety, quality, and customer in mind.
So WHY tesa??
- culture of respect and family. Tons of opportunity to learn from others and contribute to maintaining a positive culture
- technology. tesa is committed to robust equipment, digitalization and sustainability in all we do.
- quarterly bonus. Based on standard KPIs and paid out at up to 12% of gross salary, typically 9-11%.
- profit sharing 401k bonus. tesa contributes 7% of your gross annual salary to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
- job security. We’ve been here for 41+ years and the 9th building expansion will be completed soon.
- benefits start within the first month. Two medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
- PTO and Sick time. 18 days combined per year. Neither has to be used before the end of the year. Salaried employees are only expected to use PTO or Sick time when working more than 4 hours that day.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled