This Plant Sparta position is responsible for the management and control of production planning and scheduling for work-in-process and finished goods. This includes, but is not limited to: establishing and monitoring inventory levels against forecasts, (to achieve targeted company service levels), minimizing the company’s investment in inventory, scheduling and coordinating material production and delivery in order to achieve customer satisfaction with available product for on time deliveries.
What you will do:
- Supports the planning process to include:
- Forecast / planning and management of inventory turns
- Works with the Supply Chain Buyer to ensure on-time material supply and on-time product delivery to customer
- Develops and implements short and long term production planning to meet company requirements
- Makes customer delivery commitments on make-to-order products.
- Establishes inventory stocking levels and system forecasts that support both customer demand as well as inventory targets set by the company.
- Creates production schedules that will optimize requirements, reduce cycle times and minimize inventories.
- Executes inventory deployment throughout appropriate tesa warehouses.
- Maintains master data integrity within SAP.
- Resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Analyses inventories for obsolescence and recommend and/or implement solutions.
- Project Management: Supports new product launches.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related degree; or
- an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience working with MRP reports, data entry and interpretation of data, preferably in SAP.
- PC proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work within the framework of 5S, ISO and TS requirements
- Flexibility to work varying hours including overtime (from time to time)
- Ability to travel domestically on occasion
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled