tesa tape may be small and not well known in the US, but we’re a German owned, global company with very strong brand recognition in Europe and within commercial industry. We're looking for people who want a career, not just a job. tesa is expanding in the US, and primarily at our site in Northern Kent County! We rarely have openings due to our low turnover and this position is the result of an internal shift change.
Reasons people come to and stay at tesa:
- above average pay. We pay new hires based on job related experience, not a fixed rate.
- quarterly bonus. The 2022 average was $725 per employee, each quarter. New employees are eligible from Day 1.
- opportunity for OT. When you sign up and work OT, it increases your quarterly bonus.
- profit sharing 401k bonus. tesa tape Corporate contributes 7% of gross annual earnings to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
- culture of respect and family. You will never get yelled at by a supervisor here and will actually be asked for your opinion by engineers and management.
- job security. We’ve been here for 40+ years and the 10th building expansion starts in September.
- benefits start within the first month. Two Cigna medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
- PTO and Sick time available after your first 3 months. 18 days combined per year. Neither has to be used before the end of the year.
- Holiday work is extremely rare. Family time is important to us, too.
We will invite you to see the Plant and meet with us if you have:
- high school diploma or GED
- stable work history. We hire people with a proven track record of reliability and commitment to their employers.
- forklift driving experience. The Material Handler uses a stand-up and picker, but experience on a different kind of fork truck is fine - we'll train you.
- computer skills. You'll use a computer to manage your work. We will teach you, but you need to be comfortable using a computer.
- positive, team-oriented attitude. We have no tolerance for drama and insist on mutual respect and cooperation. If you have a "can-do" attitude, you'll be successful at tesa.
What you will do:
The Material Handler is responsible for moving finished goods to designated areas and delivering materials to the appropriate machine in a safe manner according to policies and procedures.
- Determine from Material Orders at each machine, what materials are required and when, and deliver to those machines on a timely basis
- Work safely with sharp blades
- Assist machine operators with changeovers, splicing, and help take rolls off the spoolers and other functions as needed.
- Run core cutting machines and deliver cores to machines as necessary.
- Follow and give written and oral instructions/communication, and work without close supervision
- Uphold company safety, environmental and quality standards
We hope to meet you soon!