Tired of excessive overtime? Frustrated with having to keep old machines together with duct tape? Ready to work with an awesome group of people?
tesa tape, inc. is a well-kept secret in northern Kent County. The tesa plant in Sparta has been here 41 years and is starting the 9th expansion in a few weeks. tesa has a small, family feel, but the benefits and rewards of a large, global company based in Germany AND we're just a short drive north of Grand Rapids.
As a member of the Maintenance Team, we buy you all the tools you need for the rolling tool chest we'll give you and we provide uniforms and safety shoes. You’ll also be working with a great team that will do their best to help you learn and be successful.
- quarterly bonus. The average over the past 4 quarters was $ per Technician, per quarter. New employees are eligible from Day 1.
- external training. Increasing skills and knowledge is critical for the new machines we’re getting.
- profit sharing 401k bonus. tesa tape Corporate contributes 7% of gross annual earnings to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
- culture of respect and family. You will never get yelled at here and will actually be asked for your opinion by engineers and management.
- job security. We’ve been here for 41 years and the 9th building expansion will be completed this Fall. In addition, our customers are from several different industries.
- benefits start within the first month. Two medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
- PTO and Sick time available after your first 3 months. 18 days combined per year. Neither has to be used before the end of the year.
- Holiday work is extremely rare. Family time is important to us, too.
What you will do
- Develop and complete predictive maintenance schedules, repairs, and audits.
- Comprehensive electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Work to reduce energy consumption and waste
- PLC troubleshooting
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair hydraulic and pneumatic devices and pumps
- Maintain and replace precision blades, knives, and cutting setups
- Relocate, level, align, and adjust precision machines, rollers, etc.
- Operate tool room equipment to produce or repair machine parts
- Machine precise fittings of bearings, keyways; thread pipe
- Operate welding and gas cutting equipment
- Perform mechanical PM’s and repairs
- Support the Engineering departments with projects and repairs
- Operate boilers; cooling towers; and cooling loops.
- Organize and control inventory of the maintenance storage areas
- Obtain parts and services from vendors by completing purchase requisitions and obtaining quotes.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of tesa tape processes.
- Maintain accurate records as required
- Keep company provided tools, tool boxes, and work areas clean and organized
We want to talk to you if you have:
- High School diploma or GED;
3 years work experience in an industrial maintenance position, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Strong background of machine repair, machining, welding
- Basic electrical safety troubleshooting
- Basic HVAC knowledge
- Must be able to read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams
Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team concept
Computer literacy (MS Office and the ability to obtain a working knowledge of SAP)
Willing and able to obtain fork-truck and lift licenses
Required Working Conditions
Must be able to:
lift and carry 50 lbs without assistance;
walk throughout scheduled shift;
work at heights up to 40 feet;
crawl, sit, kneel, and work in uncomfortable positions
Will be required to work in Class 1 Division 1 and 2 hazardous locations
Will be required to work outside in all weather conditions at times
Must be willing to adjust schedule and support weekend production and emergencies as needed.
Occasional travel to other facilities, vendors, and training locations may be required
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled